1. What is the SUNSHINE principle?
One of the best medicines that God has not given through nature is Sunlight. With just submitting to a sunbath, we can avoid many diseases, and cure many others.
The sun bath should be taken exposing the skin in morning hours, before 10 a.m. Also, it should avoid prolonged exposures during the summer season.
2. How Sunlight gives great health benefits?
To maintain a healthy life, we must expose ourselves frequently to direct sunlight. Among its proven benefits are:
• Improves the circulation of blood throughout the body.
• It increases the amount of blood that is pumped to the body in each contraction of the heart.
• Increases the capacity of the blood to transport oxygen.
• It helps to regulate blood pressure.
• It increases the number of white blood cells and stimulates the ability to destroy germs and cancer cells.
• It increases in blood a substance called Gamma globulin that is responsible for fighting infections.
• Improves liver function and helps the body eliminate toxic substances and environmental pollutants.
• Stabilizes blood sugar levels, lowering or increasing it according to the alteration but always bringing it to its normal value.
• Reduces the level of cholesterol and other fats in the blood up to 30%.
Sun exposure can be a medication for you, at no cost and with many benefits. Do activities in the Sun and you will see how your health improves.
3. Why Sunlight is Important?
Sunlight converts the cholesterol of the blood into vitamin D which is important in the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus, essential for the development of bones and teeth, which makes it an important regenerator in cases of fractures.
People who practice exercises in the sunlight, develop more their muscles, it increases the tone and resistance of these. It stimulates the production of thyroid hormones, increasing metabolic consumption and avoiding overweight. Also, when it penetrates through the eyes, it stimulates the pineal and pituitary glands, benefiting hormonal production.
Sunlight also diminishes the healing process since it eliminates germs and stimulates the healing of wounds. Its action has been demonstrated as a destroyer of the tuberculosis bacillus so it is advised that in any home sunlight should enter directly through a window or door so that this bacterium is eliminated. In this way, it is also possible to combat humidity.
4. What are the bad effects of Sunlight deficiency?
Following things happen to our body when we do not take sunlight in a proper amount.
Bad Nerves: It is believed that if you do not get enough sun as a child, there is a greater risk of suffering from sclerosis which is a disease of the central nervous system in adulthood.
Heart at risk: Heart at risk is also one of the deficiencies of Sunlight. Your body is unable to produce vitamin D in the body. Vitamin D plays a very important role in our body that protects our heart against diseases.
Fewer chances of having children: To compensate for the lack of sun, the woman’s body produces more melatonin which is a hormone that suppresses fertility and reducing the chances of getting pregnant. In addition, women who are less sunbathing get menopause before, so if you want to avoid hot flashes, get to sunbathe.
Muscular pain: The sun helps our muscles to warm up and reduce the pain produced by inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
Although sunlight has many therapeutic effects, exposing yourself to excessive sunlight can be harmful. When exposed to sunlight for a long time, it increases the risk of skin cancer, increases aging and damages the eyes, even cataracts.
1. What is the Water Principle?
The importance of water is such that the man can live for several weeks without eating, and only a few days without drinking water. Water constitutes more than 70% of the total body weight, about 50 liters in men and 40 liters in women.
Among other things, water is necessary for daily cleaning. Through the bath, the water helps to relax the muscles, clean the pores and produce psychological well-being. To bathe, cold water is not healthy, so it is best recommended to use it warm.
As for drinking water, it should be taken at room temperature because when it is consumed cold, it interrupts digestion and reduces the signs of thirst in the body, and increases the loss of heat which forces the body to spend a greater amount of energy in the generation of the necessary heat for a suitable temperature.
Even when water is so useful and it is recommended to consume a large amount of water per day, it should be taken away from meals to avoid delaying digestion and causing other damage. It is best to eat it 30 minutes before the meal and up to 1 or 2 hours after consuming any food.
Water can also be used as a treatment for multiple diseases. For example, The application of warm water on the boil helps these open to the outside and evacuate its contents.
In the case of vomiting, cold water, frost or crushed ice can be used. In the same way, it can be used to apply on blows since in this way inflammation and pain are combated.
When you suffer from fever, you can perform water baths at room temperature and let air dry since the capacity of water as a heat sink helps lower body temperature.
We must learn to take better advantage of the properties and benefits of this precious liquid and consume greater amounts every day.
2. How the Water Principle gives Great Health Benefits Including Weight Loss?
Drinking water is one of the most basic needs of man and other living beings on the planet. Water is one of the primary sources, on which our body depends to function.
1. The body works better: With water, our body works better. That is, eliminates toxins naturally and at the speed that needs it.
Remember that the body is constantly eliminating those substances that do not need. Its accumulation triggers many diseases and disorders of the body.
2. It helps to lose weight: Many people consider it a myth but it has been proven that in the same way in which drinking water helps the body to remove excess harmful substances, in the same way, it also eliminates fat through of urine.
3. It is an excellent beauty treatment: Water helps to clean impurities of the body, especially the skin, allowing the elimination of mites and dead skin, leaving it to breathe freely.
4. Avoid diseases: If you drink good water, constantly and with a good system of exercises, you will see that health improves considerably. People who implement water exercise, see a change in their lives, have more normal digestion, more energy among other things.
1. What is Fresh Air Principle?
It may seem silly but go out in “Fresh Air” is what all about health principals of Seventh Day Adventists. As this principle is simple but we often have forgotten or we can also say that we do not practice taking fresh air, while it is as important as exercise and nutrition.
“The stomach, liver, lungs and brain are suffering for want of deep, full inspirations of air which would electrify the blood and impart to it a bright, lively color, and which alone can keep it pure, and give tone and vigor to every part of the living machinery.”- Ellen G. White,
2. How Fresh Air gives Great Health benefits?
The fresh air contributes considerably to the detoxification and relaxation of the body that leads to a better quality of life.
It is scientifically proven that breathing fresh air, at least 30 minutes a day, improves heart health and prevents depression, as demonstrated by a study from the University of Queensland in Australia.
Each cell of the body must constantly receive oxygen supply, otherwise, they weaken and die. When you breathe contaminated or stale air, the oxygen supply is not enough to keep the cells strong and healthy.
Cities and families suffer the impacts of air pollution which translates into high health care costs, the deterioration of the quality of life and the decrease in productivity.
Some of the benefits of breathing fresh air are:
• Oxygen or pure air stimulates the body’s immune system, so it will help control the symptoms of allergies, asthmatic or respiratory conditions.
• It reducing CO2 pollution in our body and improves physical performance.
• By absorbing oxygen or air without contaminants, oxygenation of the organism is favored.
• When you breathe pure and fresh air consciously the nervous system relaxes, reducing the level of stress you may have.
• You feel more energy and vitality in the body, for example, when you go out into the field and breathe pure air, the sensation of the body changes.
• Breathing pure air improves the overall health of the body, as well as mood.
• Fresh air helps to improve physical performance.
• It has no contraindication or side effect and improves the quality of life of those who breathe it.
• Breathing pure air oxygenates the skin, which makes people have a better complexion, less dryness, and even fewer wrinkles.
• The pure air helps to reduce tension and stress, by performing calmer and deeper breathing, generating a sense of general well-being.
• Breathing fresh air at least half an hour daily can reduce heart disorders and depressive symptoms.
• The pure air rebalances the vital functions of all our vital organs, helping the faster recovery of diseases thanks to cellular oxygenation while avoiding many infections produced by breathing in closed environments contaminated with viruses.
1. What is trust in divine power principle?
When diving power is understood well and used appropriately, it has extraordinary results. That kind of power can transform a person’s life from sentimental activities into a symphony of happiness and joy. Trust in divine power is vital for the planning of happiness.
But a true faith that focuses on the Lord Christ is trust in his teachings and doctrines. Trust in divine power is a fundamental element of creation.
Trust in Divine Power is based on the following principals:
• Trust God’s willingness to provide help when necessary and it does not matter how difficult the circumstances.
• Always obey his commandments and your life that demonstrates that he can trust you.
• Always be sensitive to the faint whispers of the Holy Spirit.
• Implement with courage the inspiration received.
• Be sensitive to the faint whispers of the Holy Spirit.
2. How Trust in Divine power gives Great health benefits?
• Trust in the divine power of God and he will give you what your desires are.
• It brings greater joy and happiness in your life.
• When you stay focused on god, your mind stays in peace and stress-free.
• Trust in divine power keeps safe and secure.
3. From whom does all healing come?
Seventh Day Adventists revel any important differences between the healing of which the Bible informs. Jesus and his followers never charge for anything as they receive free, give free.
Seventh Day Adventists believe that God heals every people through his Holy Spirit power. Faith healing involves the laying on of hands. That is also called miracle healing, divine healing, and supernatural healing among others.
Many times today’s faith healing takes months, weeks or days to complete. That healer tends to focus on functional diseases like deafness, paralysis, or blindness.
In the times of physical, emotional or spiritual pain, we can rely on healing scriptures to comfort our souls and he guides us towards our recovery.
Life often does not give us what we are expecting from life. We know very well how it feels when our family, spouse or friends hurt us. And also many people know how tough is life when they are suffering from any disorder like chronic pain or illness that will not go away. All the people need healing some or other way and that healing comes straight from God.
1. What is Abstemiousness / TEMPERANCE principle?
The temperance or abstinence is not more than the denial of the self to consume moderately what is good. Also not to ingest anything that could be damaging to the organism. Moderation should be exercised in all aspects of life such as diet, work, rest, study, sleep, and dress.
Abstain completely from the meats that are harmful, and harmful substances such as alcohol, tobacco, and caffeinated products such as cola, coffee, and tea.
The ruling principle of the people of God should be: “Whether you drink or eat, or do something else, do everything for the glory of God.”
2. How Abstemiousness / TEMPERANCE give Great health benefits?
Maybe there is no psychological skill more essential than resisting the impulse. Having control of oneself is always a good thing, but they have no association with the concept of “power”. To possess “Temperance” means to control our existence in a conscious way, marking our limits and our possibilities.
Obtaining “Temperance” or we can say “self-control”, however, is not purely psychological. It has been shown that it also attends to genetic conditions to the IQ itself and, of course, to the level of socialization. But what research has demonstrated inescapably is that being possessed of “self-control” only brings social benefits in our lives, isolating us from negative and self-destructive activities such as drugs or alcohol, as well as committing criminal acts that put our freedom.
In this way, human beings can develop without obstacles in society and achieve their personal fulfillment both professionally and economically.
3. Why Abstemiousness/Temperance is important?
Self-control or Temperance is a very necessary virtue in a couple’s argument or in an interpersonal conflict. Under the effect of emotion, people can say things that they later regret, instead, when a person reflects on their emotions they are able to put the situation in perspective, take time to think and reflect on what happened to be able to, then talk with that person in a more calm way.
When a person does not have temperance, loses nerves in a situation and reacts unpredictably. To have self-control you have to cultivate your inner world and relativism external circumstances understanding that true happiness depends on your attitude. Think before you speak to be able to measure the consequences of your words. In the same way, deliberate about your actions attending to the effects. To have self-control, avoid getting carried away by haste and have patience.
For this reason, temperance is a virtue that shows wisdom. It is more frequent for a person to have greater control over self in all kinds of situations when one already has age and practical experience. That is, self-knowledge gives you a high level of self-control. When you own your actions and your words, then you have the self-control necessary to live better.
1. What is Rest principle?
Rest is extremely necessary for life, both for physical health and for mental health. It is good that you know that to rest from work you do not have to indulge in idleness because just by changing activity, a beneficial effect is achieved by producing in your body similar effects and even higher than reported inactivity.
Nearly one-third of our life is spent sleeping, and during sleep, the functions of the body, as well as those of the mind, are restored. The best sleep quality is obtained in the hours before midnight. To achieve the best sleep, bedtime should not exceed 10.00 p.m. and requires that for this, the stomach is empty.
When the hours of sleep are insufficient, there are some symptoms such as irritability, memory loss, depression, difficulties in concentration, decreased the ability of the body to prevent diseases, as well as to repair and restore tissues and organs.
2. How Rest gives Great health benefits?
• Nervous System: Maintains active memory and learning since rest preserves the integrity of the neural circuit, an area involved in these processes.
• Immune system: Sleeping well makes the body better resistance to diseases as it helps strengthen our defenses. This is possible because it directly influences different homeostatic processes of the organism.
• Circulation of blood: The regulation of the neurovegetative system that occurs while we sleep makes the circulatory system have to make less effort during the night, a circumstance that improves blood circulation.
• Metabolism: The decrease in energy expenditure during our sleep hours is transformed into energy for the repairing functions of the human body. This reduction in the metabolic rate of our body is between 10% and 15%.
• Heart: Rest makes the heart rate go down. In parallel, melatonin levels rise. Along with growth hormone, melatonin causes the cells and tissues of the heart to regenerate.
• Brain activity: Several studies have reported that a lack of rest can increase the chances of suffering depression, anxiety, and irritability among other disorders.
3. Types of Rest?
Active: It consists of performing certain low-intensity work during the resting phase. It is used especially when we perform anaerobic lactic or strength-resistance training sessions. It contributes to the rapid elimination of lactate levels.
Passive: It consists of the non-performance of activity. It is used after work speed, coordination, technical work, and competitions. These are activities of high intensity and high demand for concentration for the Nervous System which leads to high fatigue that requires a passive rest between stimuli.
External recovery: Sauna, massage, baths, hydrotherapy, facilitate the reduction of fatigue allowing faster recovery.
Change of activity: It consists of performing other forms of physical activity different in order to achieve recovery, psychological detoxification and promote nervous balance.
The Adventist Church believes that the human was created in the image of God. The entrance of sin into this world distorted this image, resulting in the separation of man from his Creator, to the detriment of his physical, spiritual and mental health.
But, God’s desire is that his creatures may enjoy abundant health at all levels and invites us to adopt various principles that will restore in us a divine image.
Regular Exercise is one of the principles of Seventh Day Adventists and so today we will learn more about it.
What is Exercise Principal?
For over a century and a half, health care, and especially disease prevention has been one of the messages most promoted by the Adventist Church across the world. It is not that it’s a direct part of his doctrine, but simply because physical health has significant importance in the lives of people, it also affects our spirituality.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), today the main causes of disease are tobacco, lack of exercises, poor nutrition, and alcohol. And the reasons that most lead to diseases and death to a large extent are diabetes, lung diseases, cancer, and heart disease.
Thus, the Seventh Day Adventists church has contributed enormously to health and longevity, promoting healthy lifestyles in their communities, both in the academic area and in the social and community area, either with their temples or institutions.
All of this is directly linked to the Adventist mission of following the example of Jesus Christ, who pronounced his mission clearly in the Bible.
What are the benefits of Exercise?
A physical activity session represents a radiant skin, a better cardiac functioning, an increase in your self-esteem and many other things.
To give you a broader idea, here are the reasons why you should include exercise in your daily life:
1. Strong heart: Physical activity accelerates the metabolism and, above all, the heart which favors a correct blood circulation. You can jump rope, jog or run through the streets of your house, as well as ride a bicycle.
2. Improve your work performance: Beside Seventh Day Adventists, some scientists also believe that exercise, thanks to its production of endorphins, helps to clear the mind and generates a feeling of relaxation which favors creativity and mental agility.
3. It favors your rest: If you do a constant physical activity during the week, you can improve your quality of sleep, so you can sleep more easily and in a deeper way. In case you have insomnia, here are some yoga positions you can practice before going to bed.
4. Resistant Bones: The lifting of weights helps strengthen the human skeleton and prevents the appearance of osteoporosis and all those diseases related to bones.
5. Radiant skin: When you exercise, it is normal to open the pores, so that the toxins that harm the body come out through sweat. That is why it is very important that when you finish you bathe with a neutral soap which helps eliminate impurities and leaves a smooth and healthy epidermis.
6. Forget about diseases: Regular and moderate physical activity strengthens your immune system, so it protects you from the viruses and infections that are around you.
7. Relieves premenstrual syndrome: Exercise fights the symptoms of premenstrual syndromes, such as cramps and highs and lows of mood.
Types of Exercises (Breathing, cardiovascular, strength, Stretching):
Following are key types of exercises that are good for your health and mind:
Breathing is one of the best exercises for relaxation and reduces the effect of stress. To take care of the health of our body and to get it to receive the necessary oxygen during the practice of breathing exercise, it is essential to breathe correctly, in such a way that we control the flow and rhythm in each inspiration and expiration.
The cardiovascular exercise is also known as “Aerobic” or “Cardio”. In this exercise, major muscles of our body are put in the movement during a prolonged period, helping to burn fat and lose calories.
Among its benefits is improving the functioning of the heart and lungs, allowing the supply of oxygen to every cell in the body. It is also ideal to improve mood and feel calm as endorphins are released, hormones that help to feel happy, in well-being and enhance the functions of the inhume system.
For many years, all the benefits of strength exercises have been unknown. It has been believed that this type of routine was reserved for a select group of sports. In fact, before, it was believed that practicing the sport with overload could slow down movements. However, today it is proven that the opposite occurs.
Moreover, any movement of our body is the result of the combination of force, speed and repetitions or maintenance over time. Therefore, if we want to improve our physical performance, it is vital to integrate a dynamic of strength exercises to achieve a better response to the sport practiced.
Stretching exercises are strongly related to training routines. Since we received our physical education lessons at school, our teachers have always put us to stretch at least before performing bodily activities that demand more than usual to our muscles and ligaments.
How Often Exercise Should be Doing?
Periodic physical activity and an active lifestyle are two of the healthy habits that must be incorporated into our day to day to enjoy good health. To this, we must add one of a healthy and balanced diet and comfortable rest. In this way and of course moving away or avoiding harmful habits such as smoking or high alcohol consumption, diseases are prevented and a healthy weight is maintained.
However, too much exercise can also be harmful and have a negative impact on health. If you get used to exercising frequently, you have to plan some days off for the body to repair the muscle damage and recover from physical activity.
Do you have to do physical exercise every day?
Only for preventive health is it advisable to do between 30 and 60 minutes of moderate exercise between 3 and 5 times per week or to reduce a little the time and the number of times but increase the intensity load.
If you add muscle strength and endurance training twice a week, the result will be important prevention of diseases and a greater degree of self-esteem.
Seventh Day Adventists is known over a century for their concert with health in a preventive and an integral way. They believe all the things that affect our body that affects our mind also.
According to Seventh Day Adventists, God’s desire is that his creatures may enjoy abundant health at all levels and invites us to adopt principles that will restore in us the divine image. In his written word and in the great book of Nature he has revealed the principles of life. It is our task to know these principles and to cooperate with our God to restore the health of the soul as well as the body.
Let us learn more about Seventh Day Adventists nutrition principal:
What are the right foods?
1. Eat more natural fruit:
According to the principles of the Seventh Day Adventists diet, the more we depend on fresh fruits as they are taken from the tree, the greater the blessing. It would be good if we cooked less and ate more fruits naturally. Fresh fruits that include grapes, apples, peaches, and pears, as well as any other kind of fruits can be obtained. “Prepare these fruits for winter consumption by putting them in preserves, using glass jars, as far as possible.
SDA Diet especially recommends the fruit as a health agent. But not even the fruit should be consumed after a full meal of other foods because it is incompatible and form gases.
2. Whole grains, vegetables, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes:
Whole grains, vegetables, fleshy fruits, oilseeds, and legumes are the right food chosen for us by the Creator. It should be prepared in the natural and simplest way possible. They are the healthiest and most nutritious food. They offer strength, resistance and intellectual vigor that cannot be obtained from a more complex and stimulating diet.
3. Eat whole grain bread only:
The bread of refined flour cannot impart to the nutrition system. If you want to eat bread, SDA suggests eating bread of whole or integral flour. The use of refined flour bread cannot keep the body in a healthy condition.
It is a frequent cause of constipation and other unhealthy effects. Bread made only with wheat flour is not the best for a continuous regime. A mixture of wheat flour, oatmeal and rye would be more nutritious than wheat flour that has been stripped of its nutritional properties.
How to Eat Food?
1. Eat less:
Eat much less, and eat simple foods. Overeating, even from the simplest kinds of food, dulls the delicate nerves of the brain and weakens its vitality.
2. Avoid drinking cold water during meals:
There are many people make mistakes by drinking cold water while they are having their meals. According to SDA, the food which you are eating should not be washed in your stomach. If you will drink water with your meals, it decreases the saliva flow and cold water damages the stomach. If you will take more water during your meal, it will be more difficult to digest the food since it is essential to absorb liquid first.
3. Slow chew:
Chew slowly, allowing saliva to mix with food. You should take time while having food and do not accumulate a large variety of foods in one stomach in every meal. Eating hastily from different types of foods in one single meal is a serious mistake. If you want to achieve a healthy digest system, it is essential to chew your food slowly.
4. Eat judiciously, quietly and little variety of foods:
Do not have a great variety in the same meal. At the next meal, you can have a change and the stomach should not be forced to take the same kind of food, meal after meal. There should not be many kinds of food in a meal but each meal should not invariably be composed of the same kinds of foods.
The food should be prepared with simplicity, although in a careful way so that it incites the appetite. It would be much better to eat two or three different kinds of food in a meal than to load the stomach with many varieties. Many get sick by being satisfied with their appetite. If so many varieties are introduced into the stomach, fermentation occurs. This condition determines an acute illness and often death follows.
5. Dispense with sugar:
We usually consume a lot of sugar in a day. In cakes, pastries, jellies, and in the pudding, sweets are active causes of indigestion. That is harmful to our body. Also particularly harmful are the custards whose main ingredients are milk, eggs, and sugar. The consumption of milk with sugar should be avoided.
Bad Effects of Meat Eating, Refined Products, and Sugar:
Members of Seventh Day Adventists do not eat Meat, Refined Products, and Sugar.
Let us find out the reasons why they are avoiding consuming this food.
Effects of Meat Eating on Health:
Following a diet with high consumption of products of animal origin increases the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases, certain cancers, autoimmune diseases and overweight.
• Eating meat acidifies your body.
• Red meat and dairy accelerate osteoporosis.
• Meat contains antibiotics and hormones.
Effects of Refined Products on Health:
Among the products that are normally made with refined flours we have: pizzas, tortillas, white bread, sweet cookies, and pasta. Although in minimal quantities are not harmful. But excessive and frequent intake of these products produces unwanted reactions in the body.
• They produce overweight.
• Increase the risk of diabetes.
• Difficulty indigestion.
• They can produce intolerances and allergies.
• They raise the risk of depression.
Effects of Sugars on Health:
Seventh Day Adventists recommends that the consumption of sugar should be very moderate. Taking excess sugar is harmful to health. Following are some of the major effects of sugars on health:
• Dental diseases, such as caries, are related to sugar since it helps bacteria in the mouth to destroy dental tissue.
• Increases in the prevalence of obesity.
• Sugar is also associated with risk factors for the onset of cardiovascular diseases.
also increases the synthesis of fat in the liver that, if maintained,
can lead to fatty liver.